Elk Reel is a must have item on your gear list!
The original Elk Reel. Patented design. Our parts are precision CNCed from hardwood. They are then handcrafted hand fit and hand tuned. They are not mass produced. This is a premium performance product. They are beyond easy to use for the novice. Toddlers routinely make excellent sounds with this call. The playability and dependability are unmatched. Professional Elk callers and experts will be able to make complex vocalizations to simulate herd talk with ease and unrivaled repeatability. No fearing making bad sounds at the worst time. You will get the result you expect when you expect it. Volume is finite controllable. From very soft deadly sounds to eliminate the need for a caller to loud locating notes.No matter the volume you want or the pitch it stays easy to play. Elk Reel’s non Latex reeds can last for multiple seasons. Our customers routinely report back the elk reel is “the best elk call on the market”
The Hardwood Elk Reel Elk call is durable. It will out last pockets full of mouth reeds while sounding more accurate. The hinging action and simple physics of the design make it easy to use. The sound board pulling away from the reed as the pitch drops means it never sticks together. Ever. The simple mechanical action gives easy playability with finite volume and pitch control. No other call can make some of accurate realistic elk sounds of the Reel design. That is fact. The wide acoustical range is insane, the high end and accuracy is unmatched for cow sounds. The ultimate in playability, dependability and realism. We could go on and on but we would never be able to describe in words how well it works. You must try it for yourself to believe it. The best $40 you will ever spend on a call! Or send it back for a refund.
Our Elk Reels use our unique hinging action to trigger a size transforming reed. They play high notes and low notes and everything inbetween. The angle of closure of the top changes the pitch. Closed and the reed is very small. Open and it’s a full maximum raspy size. The unique replaceable (this is semi redundant the reeds last several seasons at least and counting…) 3D reeds catch the slightest amount of air. They function from a whisper to a scream with no change in reliability or ease of use. From calf sounds to cow talk. Locator bugles, low volume sneaking in to steal a cow bugles etc.
- Can be operated with your hands or used hands free to stop an animal in a shooting lane.
- All wood construction for optimal acoustical performance. Wood offers exceptional tone producing qualities. Sounds incredibly life like. Design was optimized for durability.
- durable patented hinging action with a high strength steel spring gives a predictable playability
- They are waterproof. Moisture does not affect the performance. They have killed late season elk down to -22 F they will not freeze! We have played our calls after soaking them in highly corrosive saltwater. Then tested them for months. Those calls still play today! You can leave them on the dash in the sun. The reeds can withstand 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Uses ultra long lasting nitrile reeds. Gives the ultimate in saliva corrosion resistance. The reed never sticks to the top. The action is never unpredictable. Unaffected by adrenaline
- CNC machining insures precise internal geometry. We use advanced modern tools to design our calls. 3D modeling and CNC means our design is on the cutting edge. The geometry is a result of years of trial and error. The result is perfection
- Plastic reed retention pins make replacing a reed a snap. Our original calls used wooden pins. These upgrade the consistency of the sound as well as allow almost unlimited reed replacements. You will probably never need that feature!